Currently the following job vacancies are available at ACGF:
Risk Officer (m/f/*)
We are looking for a Risk Officer in our Risk Department.
- Support the risk department in the preparation of different reports to measure indicators such as delinquency levels, rescheduling, risk concentration, among others.
- Support in the coordination with the risk department at the local offices in Afghanistan.
- Support in the review and enhancement of the financial analysis of banks and microfinance institutions prepared by the local offices.
- Support in activities related to the preparation of the monthly and quarterly risk committees.
- Support the risk department in the enhancement of tools and processes to manage credit risk and other types of risk.
- Support the risk department on the ongoing activities related to enterprise risk management (ERM).
- Support the risk department in the definition and implementation of the risk appetite framework (RAF) and the related risk policies
- Support in the assessment of the risks related to the development of new products.
- Support in project management of risk related projects.
- Support in other ad-hoc administrative activities, such as preparation of minutes.
- Support activities related to guarantees monitoring.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Postgraduate degrees are not mandatory, but may also be beneficial, especially in banking, finance, economics, business management, or related field is a plus.
- Permit to work in Germany.
- At least 1 year of relevant job experience, ideally in the risk area in the banking sector, or in the risk or finance departments.
- Experience working in/with developing countries is of advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and in writing).
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software: Excel (highly relevant), Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic, Access, Power BI and/or Tableau would be of advantage.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under time pressure.
- Ability to integrate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Independent, reliable, with high attention to detail and quality.
- Commitment to and interest in the philosophy and goals of development cooperation.
- Excellent command of English language. Knowledge of other languages would be of advantage (German, Persian).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic and friendly working environment
- International team
Please apply with a cover letter, CV and remuneration (gross salary) expectation until December 15, 2020 following the link below.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Mr. Stefano de Cristofaro at s.decristofaro@acgf[dot]de and/or Ms. Sally Castillo at s.castillo@acgf[dot]de.
Student Assistant (m/w/*) in Development Finance
Starting March 2021 (20h/week) in Cologne
- Supporting the Technical Assistance Department in the following functions:
- Planning, design, implementation, and management of Technical Assistance projects, i.e., study tours, capacity building projects, and product development.
- Monitoring of Technical Assistance projects
- Preparation of presentations and meeting materials
- Conducting research and analysis in connection with development finance related topics
- Keeping track of relevant government policies and donor activities in the areas of agriculture, renewable energies, as well as women finance
- Providing administrative & office management support (around 40% of the workload)
- Managing outgoing and incoming post
- Maintaining stock lists and procurement of office supplies as needed
- Physical and digital data storage as needed
- Providing ad-hoc support to other departments and ACGF Management as needed
- Enrolled Master or Bachelor student, preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy or similar with interest in development cooperation/development finance
- Experience in project management, renewable energies, agriculture finance and/ or women finance is an advantage
- Excellent command in written and oral English and written command of German of at least B1
- Excellent use of MS Office products (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point)
- Good communication (internal and external) and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under time pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to integrate in a multi-cultural team
- Self-dependent, reliable, team-oriented and interested in a long-term engagement
What we offer:
- A young, multi-cultural and dedicated team as part of a charitable foundation that creates a visible impact in the country of operation
- Insights into all business segments at ACGF
- Possibility to work with professionals both in Germany and Afghanistan (travels to Afghanistan are not required)
- Adequate salary
- Flexible working hours and possibility to partly work from home
- Increase of working hours during the semester break is – dependent on the available workload – possible
Please apply with a cover letter (in English), and up-to-date curriculum vitae and academic transcript (overview of grades) until February 28, 2021 following the link below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. For any questions regarding this position, please contact Mrs. Carmen Michaelis at email@example.com.